Hanover Law, P.C. Hablamos Español
Contact Us!
Email Us

Social Networks:

Your Immigration Defense Lawyers in Fairfax, VA

Need help getting legal status in the US? Need assistance becoming a citizen? Do you require guidance on legal entry into the US?

Immigration is divided into the following sections:

  • ICE: Immigration and Customs Enforcement
  • CBP: Customs Border Patrol
  • EOIR: Executive Office of Immigration Review
  • DHS:Department of Homeland Security
  • USCIS: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

It is the Department of State (DS) that will handle out of country visas as well as immigration processing at embassies and consulates, while USCIS handles all in-country visa processing.

If you need help with an immigration matter, there are two main tracks your case can take.

  • 1. Visa Processing in or out of the country.

  • This can include adjustment of status to a lawful resident, either as a legal permanent resident (LPR) or a Green Card holder.

    It can involve Non-immigrant visas such as B2 and H visas.

  • 2.Immigration Defense in Court

  • Immigration defense involves the EOIR immigration court, an appeal with the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), an appeal to federal court, notices to appear and expedited removals with ICE, and Special Immigration Juvenile Status (SJIS).

The Federal Government conducts a Diversity Visa Lottery each year. This lottery allows citizens of other countries to legally enter (and remain for a certain period) into the US.

Currently, the US permits over 1 million foreigners who legally reside in the country to become Legal Permanent Residents (Green Card holders), and in some cases, citizens (Naturalized). However, without the help of a well versed Immigration Attorney, the odds of obtaining Citizenship, Green Card status, or approved visas go down significantly.

Additionally, challenging circumstances, such as criminal records, abuse, asylum, and persecution -- as well as current undocumented status -- can make seeking the aid of a competent Immigration Attorney critical. We're here to help!

Immigration Services are provided in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.

Major immigrant categories include:

  • Immediate Relative and Family sponsored which include:
    • Family Immigration
    • Spouse or Fiancé of a U.S. Citizen
    • Spouse or Lawful Permanent Resident in U.S
    • Adoption

  • Employer/employment visas

  • Special Immigrants

    • Employment: Iraqi or Afghan Translators/Interpreters
    • Employment: Iraqis or Afghans - Worked for or on the behalf of the U.S. Government
    • Employment: Religious Workers

  • Diversity Visa Program: Visas drawn from countries with low immigration rates to the United States.

NOTE FOR EMPLOYEES: If your application for a nonimmigrant visa has been denied, you have a limited number of options for recourse. It is best to confront any potential issues with your visa application at the beginning of the process rather than at the end.

Contact our firm today to speak with an immigration attorney about your application and any potential problems that may prevent you from obtaining a nonimmigrant visa.

Immigration Topics

Immigration Home
CBP Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Types of Visas
Interview Tips
Immigration Bond
Immigration Trial
Temporary Protected Status
Helpful Links

Private Practice

Need immigration help NOW? Contact us!